AOP - Advanced Owl Pellet Pak
STUDENTS WILL LEARN:
- About Raptors & the Natural History of the Barn Owl
- How to Identify skulls using a dichotomous key
- How to determine the biomass of each prey type and the percentage each prey contributes to the Barn Owls diet and More!
EACH ADVANCED DISSECTION KIT INCLUDES:
- 1 Instructors Guide Containing information of Birds of Prey, the natural history of the Barn Owl. Step by step dissecting an owl pellet instructions containing Objectives Approaches, and Procedures. This Instructors Guide is beautifully illustrated with Photos, 4 charts, 2 graphs and contains the vole skeleton with the individual bones identified, and a key to skulls found in owl pellets.
- 15 Student Guides Containing information on birds of prey natural history of the Barn Owl, information on owl pellets and dissecting an owl pellet instructions, illustrated throughout with photos, 3 charts, 2 graphs, and 9 skulls of common prey taken by the Barn Owl.
- 15 Wooden Probes
- Vole Skeleton Transparency
- 1 - 18" x 24" Food Web Poster
- 15 Heat Sterilized Barn Owl Pellets (1.5 inches or longer) wrapped in aluminum foil (Cat# BOP)